Plans for Delaware Park were designed by renowned landscape architect, Fredrick Law Olmsted in 1868. By 1874, his partner, Calver Vaux designed the original Boat House. Eventually the boathouse was enlarged due to popularity, but sadly was destroyed by fire in 1900.
The structure was rebuilt in time for the 1901 Pan-American Exposition that took place throughout Delaware Park. The new 3-story building was designed by Buffalo architect E.B. Green. It officially became known as The Delaware Park Casino and served as a gathering place for residents of the city. Today it is known as the Marcy Casino in honor of William L. Marcy Jr., Delaware District Councilman 1978-1983 for his devotion to the casino and the city of Buffalo.